When you open Batch Material Registration from Operations menu and complete the first tab (Registration tab), on the second Content tab you will see fields for quantity of Sources, Materials and Aliquots to be created.
The following combinations of objects can be selected:
- Sources + Materials + Aliquots
- Materials + Aliquots (when 0 is selected for Sources)
- Sources + Materials (when 0 is selected for Aliquots)
- Only Sources (when 0 is selected for Materials and Aliquots)
- Only Materials (when 0 is selected for Sources and Aliquots)
Depending on the purpose of registration and data structure, used in your organization, users can select different combinations of objects to be created.
For example, if you want to register data for an already destroyed aliquot or you do not need to register aliquot data, then you can use Sources + Materials combination; if you want to create Patients database without materials and aliquots, then you can use only Sources combination.
It is always possible to add material or aliquot information for already registered objects later, using Add Material (on Source Tracking Form) and Add Aliquot (on Material Tracking form) options.